This year, I had the chance to work with our class council and manage the budget of our class. Financially it was challenging for us given the colossal expenses of the FMD party and the small initial budget. However, we managed to organize amazing events, maintain our budget and save money for the next biggest event of our class: the Grad Ball. It was hard sometimes to play the “bad cop” of the team, but I always tried to make the best choices regarding the finances of our class.
I had a wonderful time organizing these events and I wish to continue being part of the class council next year.
Here are some of the goals that I will continue to follow as your Med-3 treasurer :
– Continue to create budget friendly events without lowering the quality
– Searching for future sponsors
– Continue to save money for Grad Ball
– Continue to communicate regarding the current financial status
– Continue to be available and answer any questions regarding our budget
– At the end of the mandate, submit a financial statement of the year
– Being part of the events planning will allow me to control the budget as well as proposing less expensive alternatives
There is one sentence that I will never say too many times: “we don’t have the money for that”.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.