Do you want to know what the MSS is doing for you? Do you wish it was simpler to stay informed about clubs and activities? Does receiving the murmur every week fill you with joy and happiness? Then you should keep on reading!
My name is Annie and I want to be the next Vice President Internal Affairs in your MSS. I have been inspired by the wonderful work that has been done by the current VP Internal Affairs, and I would love to have the opportunity to continue to bridge the gap between the student body and the General Council.
Here are some key goals for the 2017-2018 school year.
Keep collaborating with the VP IT towards creating a comprehensive and user-friendly website. This means:
- No more confusion between 2 different MSS websites. All necessary information about the MSS and clubs/interest groups in one convenient place.
- More information available for each club/interest group, including a short introductory video, to help you figure out which ones interest you the most.
- No more using Facebook as a way to advertise clubs and send information about activities. Let’s de-clutter our Facebook threads for the sake of all of our Stress-o-meters!
- Make a website that is as simple as can be, so you do not waste time looking for the information that you need.
Keep perfecting the online calendar that you can synchronize with your phone. This means:
- No more missing events because you could no longer find crucial information such as when and where they are taking place.
- Working in collaboration with the various clubs and interest groups to, when possible, avoid having numerous events all taking place on the same night, so you can maximise your participation!
- Make sure that ALL the events are part of the calendar, so that nothing falls through the cracks.
Keep you, the student body, informed and get you involved! This means:
- Keep sending the Murmur once a week, with the promise of keeping it short, but clear and complete.
- Publish the minutes from the council meetings, to ensure maximal transparency.
- Encourage student feedback and participation!
Why should you vote for me? In addition to having many ideas for next year’s general council, I have 5 years of experience working in student councils. But my greatest asset and the reason you should definitely vote for me is the fact that I am 50% organization and 50% creativity. The organization part gets things done, and the creativity keeps things fun! I am excited to help work towards the MSS 2017-2020 Strategic plan, and to help make your Medical School experience the best it can be.
Thank you for your time, and please contact me if you have any questions!