Hello McGill medicine,
My name is Pouya Bandegi and I hope to serve you as MSS Vice-President Global Health Senior for the upcoming year. Please find below a short description of my background and platform. Feel free to contact me by email and I will be happy to answer any of your questions (email@example.com).
- Born and raised in Iran. Immigrated to Canada in 2010.
- BSc in physiology and MSc in experimental medicine at McGill.
- Founder and president of Students for C.A.R.E.
Empowering adults with physical disabilities to reach their goals.
- Patient Representative at MUHC Users’/Patients’ Committee
Relevant course work/ global health involvement
- Core Competencies for Public Health and Introduction to evaluation from Public Health Agency of Canada
- Translator (English to Farsi) for HIVA project. Children’s health education in underserved villages of Kerman, Iran.
Platform for Vice-President Global Health
- Student awareness and involvement
- Monthly updates on the progress of global health initiatives of IFMSA and CFMS via short class announcements and newsletters.
- Communication and collaboration
- Involving other faculties and student organizations in MSS’s global health initiatives (e.g. Faculty of science and students in international development studies)
– International: Holding petitions to have the voice of McGill medical students heard on issues concerning healthcare
– National: Organizing workshops and lectures on ways to get involved with protecting the healthcare rights and needs of vulnerable populations in Canada.
Thank you for your consideration.